The Governing Body at St Mary's Leyland are the strategic leaders of our school and have a vital role to play in making sure every child gets the best possible education. This is reflected in the law, which states that the purpose of maintained school governing bodies is to 'conduct the school with a view to promoting high standards of educational achievement at the school'.
We have a strong focus on three core strategic functions:
- Ensuring clarity of vision, ethos and strategic direction;
- Holding the head teacher to account for the educational performance of the school and its pupils;
- Overseeing the financial performance of the school and making sure its money is well spent.
The Governing body meets at least once a term. We use committees to look at more detailed aspects of our work. Committees look at issues like the curriculum, wellbeing, finance and premises.
- Governors' Register of Interest
- Instrument of Government
- Governors' Terms of Reference
- Committee Membership 2018
If you wish to speak to any of our governors please do so by contacting them through the school, ether by phone on 01772 421909 or by email via our contact page.